Tuesday

Strawberry Butter

Recently I read an article that said berries do amazing things for skin.
I was born with a skin disorder called eczema.
I have a very mild version, but it leaves me with dry, itchy skin if I don't lather up with a ton of lotion every day.
In the article that I read, it said that berries, especially strawberries and blueberries can help keep eczema breakouts away.
Yes, please!
I ran out to the store and stocked up on fresh and frozen berries, trying to incorporate them into all of my meals.
Today's concoction yielded strawberry butter.
(By the way, this goes perfectly with my Greek Village Bread!)




Ingredients:
1 lb of strawberries
3-4 tbsp of honey
2 tsp of lemon juice
1-1/2 sticks (or the equivalent) of your favorite butter/spread

Chop the tops off of the strawberries, then throw them into a blender. Chop it until there are no big chunks.


Put it into a saucepan, along with the honey and lemon juice. Boil and stir for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to thicken.



Let the strawberry mixture cool while you soften the butter- soften, DO NOT melt it.
Once the strawberries are room temperature, mix the butter into them.


Throw the new mixture back into the blender to make it smooth. Let it chill in the fridge for a while, then serve on fresh out of the oven bread.




This spread is a perfect mix between butter and jam, it's sweet, but not overpowering.
It's mouthwatering when the Strawberry butter becomes a little melty and the aroma fills your nose. 
Enjoy it before it's gone, this won't last long in your fridge!

X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...