Saturday

T-shirt to Tank Demo

My friends & I are spending the evening in Hockey Town... The Motor City... The D... DETROIT! We're hitting up a Wings game & my gear is out of date. I had to improvise & thought I'd demo how to make a slingy tank out of a boy's boxy shirt.


Lay the t-shirt out flat & cut the sleeves along the seems. We'll clean this up later, so just get those sleeves off.



Grab a sharpie marker, turn your shirt inside out & put it on. Looking in the mirror, mark on the shirt how low you want the neckline to be. Start high because you can always go lower. Take it off & start cutting away.


Now, we don't want to be wearing around a tank top that looks like we cut the sleeves off of a t-shirt, so starting at the armpit, start cutting up toward the shoulder, not taking too much off until you get to the bottom most part of the neckline. All we're doing here is thinning out the straps going over the shoulder.


Put the shirt back on (inside out) & check the length. Mark where you want it to fall. Take it off & chop it up. If you like the length, I recommend at least cutting off the nice, straight hem the manufacturer put on.


Check it out! Do you like all the cuts? If so, roll all of the edges that you cut- it will give the shirt a washed & worn look.




I sincerely apologize for my dirty mirror pictures.

Congratulations, you just made your first DIY tank! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WINGS!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...