Monday

Clinique

I have been searching high and low for the perfect products to use on my face.
Not only do I break out at the thought of using a liquid concealer, it seems that the more I use a face wash, the more I break out.
I am always extremely cautious about what I put on my face, which is why I've been using Bare Minerals powder foundation for years.
Although I'm extremely happy with the lightness of the powder, I'm not happy with the amount of coverage it provides.
I recently heard about Clinique's Acne Solutions liquid foundation.
It has salicylic acid in it to prevent and help treat breakouts.
I headed to the closest Clinique counter & chatted with the lady for almost two hours about my skin and what I need for it.
I ended up purchasing a whole cleansing system and the foundation that I initially set out for.


The first thing the consultant and I talked about was a makeup remover.
If you don't use anything else as far as facial products, you should at least be using a makeup remover.
This is a gel cleanser which removes makeup instantly.
You get your face wet, squeeze a pea sized amount onto your hands, lather well, rub your face and rinse off.


Once I'm finished removing all of my makeup, it's time to cleanse my skin.
This non-abrasive, fresh cleanser makes my face feel silky smooth.
You use the same routine as above, use a small amount, lather it up, rub it in, and rinse it off.


Onto the clarifying "lotion".
This is my favorite product.
You put some onto a cotton ball & smear it around your face.
It is incredibly light and refreshing.
This is to help exfoliate and remove acne scars and spots.


Then there's the lotion.
This is to help rehydrate your skin after all the rubbing and scrubbing.
The consultant and I did a little experiment where if you properly cleanse and exfoliate your skin, this lotion rubs in wonderfully and your skin feels like you just removed the top 5 layers of skin in order to get to the baby soft skin below.
However, if you don't do the initial cleansing, the lotion sits on top of the skin, feels sticky, and really does nothing in the way of actually rehydrating the cells.


That completes the nightly washing routine I have been doing for a while now.
I honestly have never thought my skin would look so radiant.
It's smoother than ever & feels like a baby's bottom.

Now for the product I went in for, the foundation.
I'm obsessed with it.
Having skin that will so easily break out is hard and makes me extremely leery to try new products, but what can I say? Clinique has truly outdone itself.




If you have skin that is prone to breakouts, I highly recommend going to see your local Clinique consultant. They have counters in Macy's and Elder-Beerman and I'm sure other places that I'm unaware of.
After using these products for quite some time, I have yet to have a breakout from any of the products.
I can't say enough good things about the products.
The absolute best part about Clinique is that when a product is being created, it is tested on 600 people. If just one person has any kind of reaction, the product goes back to the lab and the entire procedure is tested again. This happens until no one has a bad reaction.
If it's something you're interested in, feel free to ask me any questions regarding the products.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...