Saturday

Cowboy Salsa

A spring breeze is flowing through all of my windows today, & it smells so good. I want to have a major barbeque, but that's out of the question for tonight, so instead, I'm making a picnic favorite.



I've also heard this called Cowboy Caviar, but I prefer to call it salsa because well, that's what it is. I got this recipe from a friend of my Mom's & modified it to include things I like.

Ingredients
2 cans of whole kernal corn
2 cans of sliced olives
2 cans of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 bunch (5-6) scallions
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C red wine vinegar
A dash of salt and pepper

Drain the black beans, then rinse with cold water & add to a large container that has a lid. Chop up the scallions (we're using the green part too) & add to the container. Drain everything else that's canned & mix it with the black beans and scalions. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper. Put the lid on and make sure it's sealed tight. Now shake. Voila. It tastes best if you let it chill for a while in the fridge, but if you're dying to eat it, go for it!

Now choose your favorite dipping chip, I prefer these over anything else...


And let the indulgence begin.


And another chip...


And just when you think you can stop, you'll have one more. Before you know it, the whole dish will be gone.

Enjoy!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...