Sunday

Dominican Republic {Days 1 & 2}

I'm baaaaaack!
I was only out of my home country for a week & yet I feel like I have so much catching up to do. The more important thing, I have so much work to do to get you caught up on what I've been doing.
J & I sprung for a trip back to the Dominican Republic to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.


The hotel was grand & this giant seahorse greeted us as we entered our room.


We got in later than expected due to a layover that turned into a delay, so we snuggled in for the evening & anxiously awaited the next day. When we woke to sunshine & reggae music, we dressed & headed to breakfast.
I fully expected J to be able to point & shoot with any of the cameras we took with us.
This is how almost every picture of me from the trip turned out...


MEN! (If only he didn't have big dimples & a face I love to kiss)



We spent most days lounging by the pool & slipping away for breakfast, lunch & drinks, drinks, drinks.
One of the first nights, we ran off to the deserted beach with a Cuban cigar purchased from quite the Dominican pusher. It was calm, romantic, & the view was unbelievably amazing.



When the hot rays of sun were shining through our suite window, it was time to do it all again.




My freckles were showing more than ever & I had swum up an appetite.
We dressed for dinner & opted for my second favorite restaurant in the resort.







Tex-Mex done by Dominican people is surprisingly delicious. The chicken fajitas tasted better than a lot of places in the US could've done. The homemade guacamole & salsas were fabulous, but the cheese, which tasted like fresh cheddar perfectly melted & chilled, was my favorite.

Days 1 & 2 were complete, I had a full belly & I was ready to hit the hay.
Day 3 was approaching quickly...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...