Friday

Cake & Cookie Sandwich

I found a picture of a two layer cake & sandwiched inbetween the layers was cookie dough. A lightbulb went off & I thought, 'I can do that'! I simplified everything to make this take as little time as possible & still be able to WOW people. I'm taking this to a party tonight, so I can't show you what it looks like when it's cut until very late tonight or tomorrow.




Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 container of classic white icing

Follow the directions on the box to make the cake mix (this may require eggs, oil, etc. so be sure to look at the package before you leave the store). Use (2) 8-in round pans to make the cake.


As for the cookie dough middle, beat the butter, brown sugar, & sugar together. Once those are good & mixed, throw in the milk & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Slowly add the flour into the mix. You're done with the mixer! Toss in your chocolate chips & mix with a spoon.


Wait until both cakes are completely cool, then spread the cookie dough on top of one of the cakes. This cookie dough is more than enough for the cake, don't feel like you need to use it all... bake some cookies or better yet, save it for a snack here & there!



Now it's time to frost! I chose to dye my icing purple, but feel free to choose whatever colors you'd like. I always start with the sides, then move to the top. It gives me time to think of what decorations I want to do.



It's ok if the icing gets all over your cake plate, or in my case the carrier. Just use a wet paper towel to wipe around the eges of the cake. It will clean up nicely!

Check back for a picture or 2 of the cake when it's cut!

XX
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...