Friday

Lemon Squares

Nothing says "Spring" to me quite like fresh fruit.
Especially lemons.
I love when restaurants start offering lemonade drinks for the beginning of the warm seasons.
For me, it's like a party celebrating the end of a long winter.
Because it is still January,I also need some comfort in my diet- I couldn't quite go full-blown Spring on you yet.
So I made Lemon Bars.
All the lemon taste I craved, but the warmth and fluffiness of a winter treat.


 
I wasn't happy about the way they looked while I was making them, but the first bite made my eyes roll back into my head, and before I knew what my mouth was doing I let out an "ohhhmmmm" sound.
These aren't for the faint of heart. If you just want a little lemon taste, this is not your recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (this equals about 1 juicy lemon)
sifted powdered sugar (for later)

Soften the butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Mix the flour, butter, powdered sugar, and salt until it becomes crumbly/crust like. I used a mixer and left it on low for a while. It came out smooth, yet crumbly. Just make sure everything is mixed well.
Smoosh it all down into a greased pan. I used one slightly smaller than a 13x9 in order to make my bars thicker. Use what you'd like. Bake for 20 min (until golden colored) at 350.


While the crust is baking, mix together the granulated sugar, eggs, and lemon juice. I blended slowly at first then turned it up to medium-fast for a few seconds.
When the crust is done, remove it from the oven, and pour the lemon juice mixture on top of the hot crust.
 


Pop it back into the oven at 350 for an additional 20 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle looks done-ish.
Let it cool completely, sift with powdered sugar, cut into squares and enjoy
 

 
 
Try not to eat more than two in one sitting.
You will get an upset tummy.
Lesson learned.
 
X
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...