Tuesday

The Last October Weekend

I spent last weekend not feeling so great.
All I wanted to do was snuggle in pajamas and catch up on DVRed TV shows.
But I was in the Windy City and exploring with J was an opportunity I didn't want to pass up.
We headed in on the Metra and walked around aimlessly making note of restaurants to try and shops to stop in.
Uggs and oversized sweatshirts are the next best thing other than pajamas, so that's what I threw on to run around my new stomping ground.
It was a cold, blustery day, but it was worth every mile we walked.


We headed down Michigan Ave to peek in all the stores.
We stopped in the mall to have a Christmas ornament made, and J got his picture taken with a life size Woody (from Toy Story) made of LEGOs.
Our 3 year old nephew now thinks we have great connections ;)







 
We stopped off at "the bean", formally known as Cloud Gate. It was designed by a British artist and rests in Millennium park. It's shined so well that you can't see any of the seams from the 168 plates that it consists of.
People from all over the world have taken their own picture with the bean, and I couldn't pass up being a tourist this weekend.
Maybe some day that will all be out of my system...
 
 







 
Almost all the leaves have fallen from the trees, and it makes me sad to say that the Autumn weather I love so much is almost gone.
We arrived back at the train station windswept and shivering.
I was ready for a warm meal and my bed.
 
X
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...