Thursday

Spring 2013 Fashion Guide

It's January, yet it's warm and I haven't seen snow in quite some time.
This strange weather makes me want Spring more than usual, so I thought now would be a good time to do a Spring fashion guide.
The best part about Spring is the change of clothing. We go from dark colors, boots, hats, and wool scarves to light layers, fresh and fun colors, and strappy sandals.
When I was younger, it seemed that if you weren't right on trend, you were made fun of in school, thought to be uncool.
Now, if you're doing something different, people admire you for it.
You really can't go wrong this spring. Bright colors, pastels, grays and browns are all making an appearance on the runway.
Anymore you can find skinny jeans next to boot cuts next to flared jeans. You'll find girls of the same age preferring different styles and all rocking them flawlessly. A young girl's fashion has really become about personal preference and being able to pull off the look you're going for, rather than having one label.
One day you can find me in a colorful, flowery dress, and the next I'll be in a black and gray tiger t-shirt with leather boots.
I don't have an exact style. I always felt pressured into fitting into a certain group: was I preppy with polos and khakis or was I more of a vixen with dark colors, tight pants, and sky-high heels?
Now that I'm older, I see fashion for what it is. Fun.
If you're not having fun with it, you're doing it wrong. You don't need to fit into one single category. Do what you want, play with color, and most importnatly, rock what you wear.
So here is my eclectic mix of clothing that you may catch me in this Spring.

I love pink. Pink goes with light, pink goes with dark, pink is feminine no matter how you wear it. Pink is good. This blazer is great for work or running around town. It makes you look like you tried to be "stylish", yet you can throw it on over just about anything else in your closet.

Statement tees are fun, fashionable, and easy to wear. You can be a size 2 or 22 and this shirt will be just as cool. The dripping paint look reminds me of Zevs dripping logo art, which I fell in love with last year.

Who doesn't love a body suit? It won't come untucked and it looks sleek and composed all night. You could be sloppy drunk (not that I recommend it) and your outfit will still look flawless- minus the drink spills.....

If it's just a little too cold to wear your favorite dress, throw this on. Keep it in your bag or car and when the sun starts going down, sling this on and voila. Warm again. You could also wear this with leggings or jeans for an extra slouchy look. No matter how you wear it, you're going to be comfortable.

Not only are these pants colorful, they scream spring. Blue is a great color to wear year round. They're a slightly stretchy, almost legging type pant, so very breathable and won't weigh you down. The best part about these is that they're under $15! These pants are an awesome way to change your wardrobe significantly without spending a ton of money. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, but I like blue the best.

The older I get, the more muted colors I enjoy wearing. Taupe is one of my new favorites. It's good for every season and will always be classy. You will always be on color trend if you go with earth tones, so if you're someone who worries about that sort of thing, make your expensive clothing purchases in colors that will be "in" forever. Then mix it up with the more inexpensive items in your closet.

Ok, now here's something I've been struggling with for a while. Denim on denim.
I'm never quite sure if I love it. But then crazy colored pants came back into stores, and all of a sudden it's ok to wear a denim top with coral colored pants.
You can find my favorite denim tops here, here, and here.

If you're stuck with what to wear, ask yourself if you love it. If you love it and will wear it, buy it.
No one else's opinion matters.

X
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...