Monday

Deviled Eggs

One of my favorite holiday foods is deviled eggs. It seems like someone always makes them for every event, but maybe the reason they're so desirable to me is because that's the only time I ever eat them.
I never think to make them myself, so for this past weekend, which was nothing special, I decided to whip some up.



Ingredients:
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 c mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard (I use a lot more than this because I LOVE mustard)
1/2 tsp white vinegar
pinch of salt
paprika to garnish

Peel your eggs and slice them in half long ways.
Use a spoon to gently scoop out the yolk and place it into a bowl.




Smoosh the yolks then add the mayo, mustard, and vinegar. Mix thoroughly.


Using a spoon you can just scoop the yolk mix onto the eggs or if you want to be fancy, you can use a piping bag.


Use a sprinkle of paprika on top & voila!
Fancy little deviled eggs that were quick & easy to make.



You can dress these up even more by placing a slice of green olive with pimento on top of each egg.
I've heard of adding chopped onion and other chopped items in the yolk mixture, but to me, there's nothing worse than biting into something and getting an unexpected ingredient.

X
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...