Tuesday

Greek Salad

If you are anything like me, you hate making your own salad at home.
For whatever reason, it never tastes as good as when you order one in the store.
Am I right? Or am I right?
While continuing on my quest to lose the chub & flub, I've convinced myself to make and eat homemade salads.
Lucky for me (and now you), I think I've mastered the homemade Greek salad!



The only thing I can really compare it to, to give you an idea of how well I really have actually mastered it, is a Greek salad from Panera.
In fact, it was my inspiration.

What you'll need:
Red leaf romaine lettuce
1 Roma tomato
1 few slices of red onion
Feta cheese
Pitted Kalamata olives
Greek salad dressing
A bowl with a lid

Take the entire bunch of romaine and chop it all at once.
This will create a mixture of sizes/shapes of all the lettuce pieces from the outside in.
Keep the onions in rings & slice the tomatoes, then into fourths.
Put everything into the bowl.
Sprinkle on the feta and throw more than a few olives on top, then pour on a light amount of dressing. You can always add more, it's harder to drain.
Put the lid on the bowl and shake it up.








This salad is full of flavor, but is low in calories.
A very generous portion of this Greek salad at Panera is only 370 calories (and around $8.00).
You can make it for a fraction of the price, but with all the deliciousness.

X
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...