Friday

Fresh Salsa

I have yet another food blog for you this week.
I always go for a particular salsa when I'm at the store, but if it's not on sale, it's not something I indulge in.
My addiction started when the salsa became buy 1, get 1 free- otherwise it's $5 for a tiny container.
While wandering through the grocery store, I thought I should make my own salsa, spare myself a ton of money in the future, & have all the spiciness I want.


Ingredients:
1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 can original Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chilies
3-4 individual cilantro pieces (stalks?)
3 jalapenos, if you like it spicy, if not, skip this or only add 1
1 tsp-1 tbsp garlic

In a large mixing bowl (or food processor) dump all of the tomatoes & the juices from the cans. The only thing I recommend slicing before putting it in the bowl is the jalapenos. Throw everything else into the bowl with the tomatoes.





However you choose, grind it all up into a delicious salsa. Taste it & add salt, more peppers, more garlic, or whatever else you think it might need.


When you get it just right, put it in a pretty bowl & serve it.





Bring out the blue corn tortilla chips & you can watch this salsa disappear.
The best parts about this recipe: it takes under 5 minutes to make, costs under $5, it's healthy, it has no preservatives in it, it will taste however you want it to (add artichokes, corn, black beans or anything else you love), & it makes a ton of salsa!

Prepare this for your next get-together & watch people be amazed that you whipped this up just for them.

xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...