Sunday

Rockwell's at the Oliver House

Spur of the moment last night, Hubby and I decided to take a little trip to Toledo and dine at the Oliver House. It's an enormous building with several different restaurants. They offer everything from a bar in the basement, Mutz, to the finest dining in the city, Rockwell's Steak House. In between are The Maumee Bay Brew Pub, The Cafe, Petit Fours Patisserie, and Rockwell's Lounge. We chose the Steak House.




After navigating around the building with the help of lots of signs, we found it!

Inside, a fireplace greeted us. A sign read, "Lounge: Advance to your right. Dining: Take the elevator to the second floor." To the second floor we went...

We sat in a dark dining room with a candle-lit table. The windows were floor to ceiling and gave a beautiful view of the old bridge that crosses the Maumee River. The first menu I wanted to see was for "Rock-tinis".


I indulged in the Expresso-tini. Yes, it bothered me that it wasn't Espresso-tini, but I went with it. Talk about tasting like candy! They also offer beer from the Maumee Bay Brew Co that's downstairs. Hubbs agreed to two Irish Stouts.

All of the sides, salads, and appetizers you order for 2 or 4 people. And trust me, when they say it's a lot of food, it's A LOT of food. For a salad, we ordered the Tomato Caprese for 2.

Mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and the best tasting dressing I think I've ever had. It was incredibly delicious!


For our meals, I had the Petit Filet Mignon while hubby had the Original Filet Mignon, both ordered medium-well. Our waiter took a little longer than normal (I hadn't noticed thanks to my extra strong martini), and when he finally came out with our steaks, he apologized saying, "I can count the number of times on one hand that I've refused to serve food. I refused to serve your steak the way they cooked it and made them start over." Server of the Year award goes to....

They cook the steaks in a double broiler, cooking from each side in. Then they heat up a ceramic plate to 500 degrees, so it keeps your food warm through your entire meal. And let me tell you, the plate is so hot, it continues to cook your food while you're eating. Hubby's steak came out a little under-done for his taste, so he sliced it up and laid it around his plate to continue cooking.


As you can see in the background, we chose a side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes for 2 that came out in a heaping mound.

The food was out of this world, we will definitely go back when we need another nice night out. The menu is on the pricey side, but remember, everything except the entrees are made for at least 2 people.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part. The building is haunted! One of the servers told her story about seeing a ghost in the Ladies bathroom... Spooky!

If you're interested in Rockwell's or any of the restaurants at the Oliver House, click here.

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...