Monday

Perfect Poached Egg

I don't know about you, but I'm a breakfast for dinner kind of girl. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could just eat cereal for every meal. The only thing that sounded good for dinner tonight was poached eggs & I know how to make them without creating a disaster.



Fill a small sauce pan with water & about a tablespoon or so of vinegar- you won't taste the vinegar, it's just to help keep the egg white together. Heat it to just below a boil. Give it a vigorous stir, creating a whirlpool.


Crack the egg right in the middle of the whirlpool. It won't look pretty at first, but have a little faith.


Let it sit in the pan for about 90 seconds. Then scoop it out with a slotted spoon & place it on top of a piece of toast (or 2). Check it out, it's almost perfectly round!


Break the yolk & let the bread soak it up.



It's incredibly easy, you really can't screw it up!

Enjoy!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...