Saturday

Salty & Sweet Breakfast

Well this morning's breakfast wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but it was pretty darn tastey if I do say so myself. It's really easy & a great twist on the traditional morning meal.
Sweet potato hashbrowns & dippy eggs served on toast (& if you do it my way, everything will be covered in brown sugar & salt).


The midwest is being taken by storm with sweet potatoes. It's like we can't get enough. Sweet potato tots, sweet potato fries, sweet potato skins. I'm all about this craze!
I didn't mean to buy the largest sweet potato ever grown, but it was the nicest looking one, so I had to get it. If you're leaving the skin on, wash it really well.


Then shred it up.


Once it's shredded, put it into a mixing bowl & layer the top with brown sugar & salt. Then mix it really well.



Coat a frying pan with a very thin layer of oil & turn burner on to medium-high heat. Take a small amount of potatoes in your hands & squish it together like making a hamburger patty. Let them cook until one side is crisp, then flip it over and cook the other side.


Make some eggs however you like them. I usually go with dippy.


When the goo starts to turn white, push the bread down in the toaster.


Now, obviously you can use whatever you want, but I haven't used real butter in years. I go with Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread. It's still melty with a hint of saltiness.


Once the toast is done, butter it up & place the eggs on top.


Sprinkle the top of everything with a little bit of brown sugar & salt for the ultimate sweet & salty treat.


Bon Appetite!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...