Sunday

Saint Patrick's Day

It comes once a year & never disappoints. This year it happened to fall on a gorgeous 73 degree day that Hubby & I both had off. I started the morning with what I jokingly called a "St. Patty's Day banana"-- I prefer to eat them green. Hubbs and I each had a great morning workout, then we went out back to play an intense game of Bocce Ball (wearing green of course).


J even dyed his afternoon beer to match the day.



In case you've never heard of Bocce, someone throws the white ball, then you alternate throwing your colored balls & whoever gets closest to the white ball gets a point. There's more to it than that, but it'll get you started... I called using the green balls in honor of St. Pat, so J was left with red.



We played until someone reached 11 points (I have no idea what the real rules are). Sometimes we play to higher numbers, but the game seems more fun when the rounds are quick. J won the first round, I won the second. After that, we were sick of muddy feet and soggy ground, so we called it quits.


We had worked up an appetite, so we headed to a fast food place that was handing out green ketchup. Even though I specifically asked for the green stuff, we drove off with none at all. After I made pouty face all the way home, Hubby made some for us with fridge ketchup (which I loathe, but he put so much work into it, that I had to entertain him).



And let the green beer drinking resume...


We headed downtown to meet up with some friends. After thinking about it, I decided not to take my nice camera- too many drunks with open tops (basically, I'm apologizing for the grainy, dark pictures). We started at the only Irish pub around, McGeady's, but as soon as the pitchers of green beer were poured, the pictures went down...










I hope your St. Patrick's Day was full of green beer & leprechauns!

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...