Thursday

Pretty Little Liars

I have a small confession to make. Okay, maybe since it has consumed my life since 2010, it's actually quite a large confession.
I'm obsessed with Pretty Little Liars! It is the worst (best?) guilty pleasure I've ever had seeing as how it's made for teenagers & I'm well into my 20s.
Never heard of it? It's a drama/mystery show on ABC Family about 4 high school girls caught up in a tangle of lies, murders, & shady characters.
A secret person the show refers to as "A" sends each of the girls texts about secrets no one should know about. Everytime the girls find themselves in sticky situations, "A" is around to catch them in the act.
All the girls want to do is figure out who is harassing them & who killed their best friend (and lover).
They run 2 seasons a year, January-March-ish & then June-August-ish (yes, that means it's running right now!).
If you haven't seen it yet, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. I must admit, it would be awfully hard to start now & feel like you know what's going on. I really recommend starting from the beginning.
In case you want to start watching, I'll give you the lowdown on the main characters without you having to watch 50 hours of past episodes.


Aria (seen above) is my favorite character.
She's stylish, smart, & in love with a teacher. Their romance is nothing short of adult material, but I guess lots of young girls have crushes on older guys, so it's more appropriate than it sounds. Her parents had some cheating issues & that's all being worked into the murder mystery too.


And then there's Spencer. Brilliant, rich, & in love with the homeliest guy on the show (really!). She's kind of the brains of all the operations.
Her sister & mom get really involved in the show too. Because of all the trouble the 4 girls find themselves in, Spencer's mom, a lawyer, comes to their rescue quite a bit.
Spencer's sister has been involved with 2 of the murder suspects so far, which leads to drama & lies between the sisters.


Hanna isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but she's a loyal friend. She's a former chubby girl who was harassed & put down until the death of her friend. She lost weight & suddenly became the school's hottest commodity.
Her boyfriend is always trying to help, but usually gets in the way causing more drama than the show probably needs (it's ok, I forgive the writers).


Emily isn't my favorite character, but I think she's an important one. She is a gay teenager trying to figure out where she belongs. She deals with a lot of internal struggles that she's not always sharing with her friends. Yep, you guessed it, this leads to even more drama.
Emily is pretty bright, but often times consumed with her swim meets, her girlfriends, & almost anything but the murder(s). I think she'll get back on track though.

Now that you have a little background, if you want a full catch-up, leave me a comment & I'll fill you in completely. I just don't want to ruin it for everyone by blurting it all out.

Are you equally as obsessed as me? Can we get a big blanket and snackies and watch it next week together? During the commercials we can gossip about the characters! :)
Who is your favorite character & why?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...