Friday

A Bridal Shower

I recently went to a bridal shower for someone who is marrying into the family.
I thought I'd share a few pictures of my hair, nails, clothes... & also a few from the shower.
The event ended with a dilemma, one for me & a bigger one for the bride.
One of her bridesmaids dropped out of the wedding (with only 2 months to go!) & the bride asked me to fill in.
First, I think you can guess as to how I feel about being asked to "fill in" & second I don't know the bride that well.
What would you have responded?


I did a loose braid across the front of my hair & pinned it down low, then my put my hair into a messy bun, unpinned my braid & tucked it into the bun. (& yes, I put makeup on eventually!)

I ventured away from my normally pink nails & spiced them up with a color called Unicorn by Sinful.


I wanted to be casual & comfortable. Not knowing how dressed up the bride & bridesmaids would be, I wanted to play it on the safe side.


Sweater: Express
Tank: Abercrombie & Fitch
Leggings: Maurices


Below is the gift I won during a game we played!







The food was delicious & the bride received so many gifts. Overall the shower was a success.
Now back to the dilemma. I told the bride to try to work it out with her friend. It's not that I don't want to be a part of her big day. I just really feel that if she wanted me to be in the wedding, she would have done so when she asked her other bridesmaids, not after someone dropped out at the last minute.
Like I said before, she's not someone I regularly see or know very well, so I don't feel bad about my decision. I do, however, feel upset for the bride about being down a bridesmaid.
My wedding day was perfection & I wish that for this bride too!

xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...