Wednesday

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies

After a hard day at work & a delicious spicy jalapeno salad, Hubby & I wanted dessert. Well, we had a problem. I used most of my sugar making his birthday cake & just finished the bag by making banana bread. I had to search around for recipes that only used brown sugar since that's all that is left in my cupboard. What did I find? Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookies. (I knew Betty Crocker would have something!)


Ingredients
1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 cups oats

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the brown sugar and butter together. Add the vanilla & eggs until well blended. Beat in the flour. Then using a large spoon, stir in the oats. On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough into large mounds about 2 inches apart. Now if you're making them monster-sized like I did, you'll only make about 8 cookies. I just wanted to make a quick dessert & not stand at the oven all night. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown.




These turned out so big, so delicious, so flavorful, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to the white sugar way...

I hope you enjoy!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...