Thursday

Pasta Peperonata

Alright all you dieters, this one is for you...... & anyone else who wants to have a light, healthy meal.
As I mentioned before, my Grandmother recently passed away, & I have inherited her cookbooks.
A lot of the meals are full of calories (& deliciousness I'm sure), but some of them are on the lighter side, which is what I try to go for.
When I came across this pasta peperonata recipe I thought it was perfect for dinner last night!


Ingredients
3 sliced bell peppers, any color (I used 2 red & 1 green)
1-1/2 sliced onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves
4 oz linguine, cooked
Grated Parmesan cheese

Start cooking your pasta however you like it. Slice up the peppers & onions.




Coat the bottom of a large skillet with a very thin layer of olive oil.
Turn the heat on to medium & wait until the pan is very hot.
Then place the peppers, onions, marjoram, basil, & garlic into the pan.
Cook until the veggies are soft & the onions are caramelized.


Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Spoon the pasta on to plates, then top with peperonata.
Add the Parmesan & garnish with a basil leaf (or 2).




While this doesn't taste like spaghetti sauce, it is very flavorful & passed J's taste-test. That means it has to be good...

Enjoy!

xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...