Saturday

Thrift Store Finding

As I mentioned yesterday, I hit up some garage sales. Unfortunately I didn't find anything I had to have. I didn't want to go home empty handed, so I also went to a thrift store. I found a whole load of goodies, but walked away with only 3 things. The beauty of it all is that I only spent $6!

My favorite item was a sterling silver serving tray that cost half of my daily spending. I thought $3 was a little steep, but I knew it had a lot of potential ;)




To paint on metal, you'll need coarse sandpaper & some spray paint. Yep, that's it.


Rough the item up a bit with the sandpaper. This is just to take off any top coat the last person (or mfg) may have put on it. It could prevent the new paint from sticking.

You definitely want to get all the little sanded particles off the item, so give it a good wash in the sink (if possible, if not, grab a garden hose).
Then you're ready to paint. Give it one good first coat & let it dry. If you're in the sun this will only take a few minutes.


Then give it another coat. If you think it's necessary, give it a third coat.
I am now the proud owner of the cutest little serving tray!



You can bet your bottom dollar you will be seeing this little guy in many future posts!
Give it a try. It's so cheap & simple!

xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...